- 1 Cup of warm water
- 1 8g pack of quick-rise yeast
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 table spoons of oregano
- Cornmeal for pizza stone if applicable
- ½ an onion
- ½ a tomato
- 2 sliced pickles
- A hand full of shredded lettuce
- A healthy hand full of mozzarella cheese
- A healthy hand full of ground beef
- Half a table spoon of spices for the ground beef. (I just used some steak spice I had laying around
Step 1: Making the dough
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow for the yeast to activate.
- Mix the flour, salt, and oregano in a separate bowl. This will ensure even distribution of the oregano and salt.
- Add the olive oil and flour-salt-oregano mix to the mixer.
- Mix until the dough begins to become thick and climb the dough hook.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a ball shape. Then Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap.
- Set aside on the counter to let rise for 45-60 minutes.
Step 2: Get the oven ready
Place the pizza stone in the oven at 450 degrees and let it preheat for 45-60 min. (NEVER put the stone into the oven hot, put it in before you turn the oven on otherwise the stone will shatter. Also do not touch the stone as conventional oven mits will not be able to withstand the heat. The best thing to use is a pizza platter, I just used a flipper to raise the edges up and pull it off.)