Introduction: Bachelor's Burger Pizza
This is a simple and very delicious hamburger pizza.
- 1 Cup of warm water
- 1 8g pack of quick-rise yeast
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 table spoons of oregano
- Cornmeal for pizza stone if applicable
- ½ an onion
- ½ a tomato
- 2 sliced pickles
- A hand full of shredded lettuce
- A healthy hand full of mozzarella cheese
- A healthy hand full of ground beef
- Half a table spoon of spices for the ground beef. (I just used some steak spice I had laying around
Step 1: Making the Dough
- Place the warm water, yeast, and sugar into an electric mixer that has a dough hook attached. Stir until dissolved.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow for the yeast to activate.
- Mix the flour, salt, and oregano in a separate bowl. This will ensure even distribution of the oregano and salt.
- Add the olive oil and flour-salt-oregano mix to the mixer.
- Mix until the dough begins to become thick and climb the dough hook.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a ball shape. Then Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap.
- Set aside on the counter to let rise for 45-60 minutes.
Step 2: Get the Oven Ready
If you have a pizza stone then use it, otherwise you can place the final dough form on a greased backing sheet.
Place the pizza stone in the oven at 450 degrees and let it preheat for 45-60 min. (NEVER put the stone into the oven hot, put it in before you turn the oven on otherwise the stone will shatter. Also do not touch the stone as conventional oven mits will not be able to withstand the heat. The best thing to use is a pizza platter, I just used a flipper to raise the edges up and pull it off.)
Step 3: Kill Some Time!
You now have about 30 minutes to kill. Best to go flip through some more instructables.
Step 4: Getting the Ingredients Ready
We are now ready to get our toppings ready. Put a frying pan on the heat. While it is warming up you can begin cutting the tomatoes, pickles, onions, and lettuce. When the pan is ready, put in a splash of olive oil to just glaze the pan and then toss in your ground beef and the steak seasoning and let it cook until brown.
By this time you the dough should now be ready. Take it out of the bowl and on a floured surface, begin to knead until smooth.
You can either use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough but it is much better to stretch it out by hand. If you have the guts you can even try tossing it a couple of times. Be careful not to rip the dough.
Once the dough is stretched and in you desired pizza shape, you can put on the ketchup and mustard.
Next you want to put on your ground beef, tomatoes, onions, and pickles. Top it all off with a healthy handful of mozzarella cheese (or cheddar if you want it more classic).
Sprinkle the pizza stone with cornmeal (this will help in the removal of the pizza). Carefully place the dough onto the pizza stone being careful not to burn yourself. Allow to cook at 450 for 10-15 minutes. Once golden brown and the cheese is all melted, pull it off of the pizza stone and onto a cutting board or other clean surface. All that is left is to sprinkle it with your shredded lettuce.
Step 5: Voila!
And voila, Bachelor’s burger pizza! Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.