This is how to make a nice headband for back to school. I'm ten and it makes a good project
Step 1: Recycle old clothes
1. Cut up a pair of PJs or other old clothes:
Step 2: Make a pattern from a piece of cardboard
2. Cut out a piece of cardboard. Make it as long as from one of your ears to the other ---over the top of your head. Use this as your pattern. Use a piece of hard paper from your recycling bin, like an ad for pizza.
Step 3: Cut out material
3. Lay paper pattern on a piece of material. We used an old pair of PJs and some fabric from the crafts box.
4. Cut 2 pieces of fabric. We made ours the shape of a flat football, wider in the middle. It reaches over your head, ear to ear. Babies like to play with these strips.
Step 5: Sew pieces together
5. Sew the two pieces of fabric together the sides you want to show facing each other. Sew the long edges.
Step 6: Turn inside out
6. Turn it inside out, so the nice side is on the outside now.
Step 7: Iron
7. Iron it smooth
Step 8: Tuck in edges
8. Tuck in the ends so the raveled edges are inside and iron
Step 9: Add elastic band
9. Cut 10 inches of elastic and sew into the two ends.
Step 10: Making headband one piece
10. It is important to make sure the headband isn't twisted when you sew the elastic to either end. It now one piece.
Step 11: Wear the headband!
Put on headband and look great!