Introduction: Back to School Headband
This is how to make a nice headband for back to school. I'm ten and it makes a good project
Step 1: Recycle Old Clothes
1. Cut up a pair of PJs or other old clothes:
Step 2: Make a Pattern From a Piece of Cardboard
2. Cut out a piece of cardboard. Make it as long as from one of your ears to the other ---over the top of your head. Use this as your pattern. Use a piece of hard paper from your recycling bin, like an ad for pizza.
Step 3: Cut Out Material
3. Lay paper pattern on a piece of material. We used an old pair of PJs and some fabric from the crafts box.
4. Cut 2 pieces of fabric. We made ours the shape of a flat football, wider in the middle. It reaches over your head, ear to ear. Babies like to play with these strips.
Step 5: Sew Pieces Together
5. Sew the two pieces of fabric together the sides you want to show facing each other. Sew the long edges.
Step 6: Turn Inside Out
6. Turn it inside out, so the nice side is on the outside now.
Step 7: Iron
7. Iron it smooth
Step 8: Tuck in Edges
8. Tuck in the ends so the raveled edges are inside and iron
Step 9: Add Elastic Band
9. Cut 10 inches of elastic and sew into the two ends.
Step 10: Making Headband One Piece
10. It is important to make sure the headband isn't twisted when you sew the elastic to either end. It now one piece.
Step 11: Wear the Headband!
Put on headband and look great!
Finalist in the
Converse Back to School in Style Contest
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.