Introduction: Back to School Treats: ABC Cookies
Send your kids to school with a yummy back to school treat of ABC cookies! These cookies are super easy to make and are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face when they find them in their lunchbox!
What you will need:
• Mixing bowl
• Measuring spoons
• Measuring cups
• Baking Sheets
• Butter knife
• Kitchen mallet
• Zip-top bags
Here’s the recipe for ABC Cookies:
½ c butter, softened
2 c. white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
5 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Cream butter and sugar. Then, beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. (The dough gets pretty stiff so you may need to mix it with your hands!)
3. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400F.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to ¼ - ½” thick on a floured surface. Using A, B and C shaped cookie cutters, cut into shapes. Use a metal lifter to carefully lift the cookies from your counter and place on a cookie sheet. Be sure to keep cookies approximately 1 inch apart.
6. Bake at 400°F for 4-6 minutes. Watch closely as they may burn!!
7. Remove from pans promptly using a metal lifter and set aside to cool.
Once your ABC Cookies have cooled completely, it’s time to ice and decorate them!
1 c. powdered sugar
¼ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir in additional milk 1 tsp at a time if icing is too stiff.
Once your icing is ready, it’s time to make the decorations: Saf-T-Pop sprinkles!
1. Remove the wrappers from 10-12 same-colored Saf-T-Pops and place them in a zip top bag.
2. Using a kitchen mallet, crush the Saf-T-Pops until they are your desired size.
3. Remove Saf-T-Pop sticks from the bag.
If you would like multiple colors of sprinkles, repeat these steps with a different color of Saf-T-Pop.
Finally, use a butter knife to spread icing on your ABC cookies and then sprinkle on some Saf-T-Pop sprinkles. Let cookies rest for an hour so that the icing sets. Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.