Step 1: Materials
4) 4' x 8' sheets of 7/16 OSB ($7 per sheet)
3) 10' 2 x4's ($3-4 per board)
8) 8' 2 x 4's ($2-3 per board)
1) Box of 1 5/8" dry wall screws (coarse thread) ($5/box)
1) tube of painters caulk ($2/tube)
1) partial can of white-ish paint I had around.
Other items needed for the final event were donated by friends or I had already
DVD player and amp
Speakers + 50' of speaker wire
Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD
HD Projector (courtesy of my employer).
Step 2: Assembly
Step 3: Assembly
Step 4: Paint
Step 5: Footing Gussets
Step 6: After Paint Assembly
Step 7: Final Thoughts
Thoughts of hanging speakers from the screen and adding some sort of a sub woofer as well.
As for the event itself...it was a huge success. Most of the neighborhood arrived as well has close friends and family. My wife's Wasabi popcorn was a hit! Looking back, Raiders of the Lost Ark probably wasn't the best choice for a family event. My 3 year-old still talks about a dead monkey and some guys face melting???
Thanks for checking out this Instructable! Look for "Phase 2" next spring!!!