The name is something my kids came up with, the noodles can be twirled into a circle, or nest, with some of the peas in the center as eggs and chicken on top, you know, as the birds. The bacon is, as my kids say, "the birds food." Yes, I let them play with their food, as long as they eat it and don't make a mess.
Step 1: Ingredients
- BACON!! (or turkey bacon ;-)
- Chicken breasts
- Spaghetti noodles
- Frozen green peas (green beans work too and the kids loved that as well)
- Half-and-half or whole cream
- Sour cream or plain yogurt or cream cheese or some of each.
- Seasoning salt
You'll also need
- A stock pot for cooking pasta
- A large heavy bottomed frying pan
- cutting board and knife
Step 2: Cooking It Up
- Fry up the bacon in a Large frying pan, (if using turkey bacon spray pan with non-stick spray).
- Start water boiling for your noodles.
- Cut chicken in cubes for cooking.
- Remove cooked bacon from frying pan, leave some of the grease in the pan and add the chicken.
- Add Spaghetti noodles to water and cook to desired texture.
- Cook chicken.
- Drain noodles and let sit in colander so they aren't wet.
Step 3: Saucy!!!
- Add half-and-half, sour cream (or yogurt or cream cheese) to chicken in the frying pan, stir in and cook together for a couple minutes till smooth and creamy. (sauce thickens as it cools so it doesn't actually have to be "thick" when it's done just well combined.)
- Add Seasoning salt or other seasonings.
- Dump in the peas (or green beans) a lot, or a little.
- Cook till the peas are not quite done, they seem to keep cooking a bit after you turn off the burner.
- Remove from heat
Step 4: Bringing Together the YUMMINESS!
- Add Noodles to frying pan with chicken and sauce mixture
- Stir to coat
- Top with chopped or crumbled bacon