1 Skillet (that you don't mind putting on the grill)
1 Cast iron skillet (can be the same as above)
1 Griddle (to cook bacon)
1 Oven (To bake Bread)
1 Probe Thermometer
1 or 2 Spatulas
1 Bread Knife
Burger (Makes 1, serves 6):
3 lbs of Ground Beef (75% lean Ground Chuck is my preference)
14 Slices of Bacon
1/2 Lb Sliced Cheese (I chose provolone for the real run, but cheddar for my test both were good)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 oz Beer
The Bun (makes 2 big buns):
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup butter
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoons salt
The pictures are from two different times I made this so you will see some differences.
Step 1: The Bun
1. In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until very warm, 120
degrees F (50 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together half the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
3. Mix milk mixture into flour mixture, and then mix in egg.
4. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (~8 minutes)
6. Let sit for 30 minutes
7. Slit top so there is room to expand
8. Pre-Heat Your Oven to 350F
9. Let sit for another 20 minutes
10. Bake at 350F 20 to 24 minutes, or until golden brown
11. When removed from the oven brush the top with some egg white and sprinkle seeds on top.
* Tap the top and it should sound hollow when finished
Let it cool for an hour or so and then slice it in half life like you see in the picture.