Step 1: Ingredients
About 32 cherries (1 small jar of maraschinos OR fresh cherries can be used for this, but if you use fresh ones, don't forget to remove the seeds.)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
about 7 BBQ Skewers (if you use wooden ones,you need to soak them in water for 20 minutes before cooking, to keep them from burning)
Step 2: Wrapping & Skewering the Cherries
2. Gently wrap half-strip of bacon around the cherry starting with the cut edge first.
3. Place skewer in the end of the bacon strip, through the center of the cherry, and out the other side.
4. Repeat this process until each skewer has 5 or 6 wrapped cherries on it.
5. Mix honey, cinnamon, & brown sugar in small container and set aside
Step 3: Cooking Cherries (BBQ Method)
1. Place skewers on grill and cook thoroughly on one side.about 2 minutes.
2. Flip cherries and baste tops completely with the honey mixture. I use garden gloves to turn the skewers (VERY HOT, DON"T BE A DUMMY!!)
3. By the time you are done with step 2, the bottom sides should be just about ready to flip and baste with honey mixture.
4. After basting, let cook for another minute or so. be careful not to burn them though.
5. Serve hot off the grill and watch them disappear.