For a good article on including bacon in your diet, see http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/02/19/the-definitive-guide-to-bacon/. I believe the idea for this recipe originally came from a book called "Practical Paleo."
It's super easy to make and requires only two ingredients: bacon and fresh pineapple!
Step 1: Cut the Pineapple
1. Cut the top off of the pineapple.
2. Skin the pineapple by shaving off the sides, being careful not to cut too deep (the sweetest part of the fruit is close to the skin). You want to leave the eyes - they will be removed in the next step. After cutting the peel off, cut the bottom off of the pineapple.
3. Notice that the eyes are in diagonal lines. Use a smaller paring knife to cut the eyes out, several at a time, by cutting V-shaped trenches (see pictures).
4. Cut the pineapple in quarters, length-wise.
5. Using the paring knife, cut the hard core off of each quarter.
6. Cut the fruit into chunks and it's ready to eat!
Step 2: Wrap and Cook
Set your oven to broil and cook until bacon has reached your preferred degree of crispiness, turning the chunks over once. I broiled mine for about 4 minutes or so, then flipped all the pieces and cooked for another 5 minutes.
Just pile them on a plate or stick a toothpick in each one for easy serving.