Introduction: Bacon Wrapped Honey Garlic Burger Rolls
Onions and garlic sauteed in honey, need I say more? Yes I do...Bacon.
Step 1: Things You Will Need
Note: This recipe should make 10 rolls
2 Pounds hamburger meat
10 Strips of bacon
10 Slices of cheese (I used Mozzarella)
2 Heads of garlic
3 TBSP Oil or butter (I used coconut oil)
4 TBSP Honey
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
Barbeque sauce or spicy mustard (your choice)
Step 2: Prepping Your Filler
1. Slice half an onion into thin rings or half rings.
2. Peel and chop 2 heads of garlic into descent sized chunks.
3. Mix your onions and garlic with your honey and oil/butter, then place your mixture onto a large piece of aluminum foil. Fold the edges upward so none of the liquids can melt out and you can open it easily to check on things if need be.
4. Cook on grill for about 10 minutes or until everything is sauteed well.
Step 3: Quick Tip for Peeling Your Garlic Easily
1. Remove the outer layers of skin and break the garlic into individual cloves.
2. Place cloves in a large Tupperware container (I used an old coffee tub).
3. Shake your container as hard as you can for about a minute or two, then check out your garlic. Most of the skins should come right off the cloves. If not, give them another quick shake. Some may still need to be pealed by hand, but I guarantee this will save you a lot of time prepping your garlic.
Step 4: Making Your Rolls
1. Mix your meat with your salt, pepper, and 3-4 tablespoons of barbeque sauce (or spicy mustard).
2. Using about a golf ball sized amount of meat, form a small bowl about an inch deep and 2 inches wide. Make sure all the sides are firm and solid. If your meat is weak around the corners, the insides will melt out and fall apart during the cooking process.
3. Fold your cheese slice into quarters and place them inside your meat so their height is even with the bowl.
4. Fill the center with garlic and onions until they are even with the height of the bowl as well.
5. Set the roll on your bacon strip so you have enough lip to wrap the bacon to the top of each side of the roll.
Now fold the long end of your bacon strip sideways and wrap it tightly around your meat roll. Make sure it is nice and tight, keeping you burger meat solid. once again, If your do not, the bacon might unroll during cooking and weaken your burger until the insides melt out and fall apart.
1. When placing your roll on grill, do not place it directly over coals. Due to the filling, you will not be able to flip your rolls while cooking. Set rolls along the outside of your coals and Barbeque slowly until your hamburger meat and bacon are fully cooked.
2. When rolls are about done, brush on some barbeque sauce or spicy mustard (your choice). Let it cook for a few more minutes to let the sauce caramelize a little. 3. Let cool for about 3 to 5 minutes then serve. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what you see, please give me a vote in the contests found at the top of the page and check out my other recipes here
Third Prize in the
jelte1234 made it!