This idea came to me during Easter preparation. I thought it would make a great appetizer. I decided against it because I didnt want to bring another egg dish. This is not just another egg dish.
Bacon + Beer + Deep Frying + Hard-boiled Eggs = Awesome
Having recently made and enjoyed it myself for this instructable(and for the first time), I now know that this would have destroyed Easter as everyone would have been laying about afterward in a food coma. There would have been no family fun, no egg hunt, nothing but a good old fashioned gluttony induced nap,
These things are amazing.
Step 1: Gather
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 (12 ounce) can beer
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 cup extra flour (for dredging)
1 lb of bacon
12 hard boiled eggs
large saucepan or a deepfryer
Step 2: Prepare
2. Cut bacon in half.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
4. Bring oil to 375 degrees, Med-High on most stove tops. A good way to test is by using a chopstick or the end of a wooden spoon and submerging it to the bottom of the pan. If bubbles come off the bottom your ready to fry.
5. Mix the dry ingredients except the flour that we will use for dredging, whisk it all together.
6. Gently add the can of beer and mix lightly. DO NOT over mix. Squish any lumps of flour with the back of a spoon. The mixture should be blended together but not over mixed or it will not puff while being deep fried. If mixture is a too runny add a bit more flour.
7. Pour some of the flour set aside for dredging onto a dinner plate. Use enough to cover plate, about a 1/3 of a cup.
8. Set aside a plate covered with a paper towel.