Step 1: Supplies
- 1 Bottle of sand or beach sand
- 1 large empty Gatorade bottle with lid
- Black tube paint ( find one with a thin pointed tip, it will be easier to paint the face.)
- White tube paint ( find one with a thin pointed tip.)
- 2 Small ribbons
- 1 Finger light optional
- 2 ever green twigs for arms or sticks
- 1 Small index card
- 1 Of either batting, sock, white fabric, or several cotton balls for the snow opitional
- 1 White foam sheet ( all I had was black )
- 1 Toothpick for poking the arm holes.
Step 2: Tools
- Hole punch
- Scissors and pinking scissors optional
- Bowl for mixing the sand.
Step 3: Please Note
- This is the first sand snowman that I have made. He is very fragile. The idea is to make him, place him in the jar, seal the jar, and take pictures as carefully as you can. After that it can be expected that he will crumble. While you are working with him; it is important to be very careful not to move him too much until after the pictures are taken. He is
- supposed to arrive in pieces. Then the addressee will go to your website, Instructables, or receive an email with pictures of him before he melted.