- 6-8 chicken wings*
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoons mirin or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 whole green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black food coloring
- opt. black sesame seeds
* Get un-trimmed chicken wings from your meat counter. Most frozen chicken wings are already separated into "drumettes" and "wings," with the tips being discarded. When you get them whole, they make a much spookier snack!
- Marinade wings in sauce for 1-4 hours.
- Bake wings at 375F on lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with plenty of napkins!
For added appeal, pin wings to a parchment-lined chopping board and write the names of different bat species below. Which is tastier: the Black Flying Fox bat's wings, or the Mexican Free Tail's? Don't be surprised if your guests think they all taste like chicken.