1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (finely diced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
8 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and quartered)
1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup white wine (or madeira or broth or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1 baguette (sliced)
Note: All of these pictures were taken by me. However, the original recipe was found on Closet Cooking.
That can be found here: http://www.closetcooking.com/2010/12/baked-brie-topped-with-caramelized.html
Step 1: Caramelize Your Mushrooms
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the wine, deglaze the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
Step 2: Top Brie With Mushrooms
Note: I don't actually own an oven proof serving platter, so I used a round frying pan and covered it with tin foil. Surprisingly, it worked great! The cheese didn't stick to it, either.