Introduction: Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
I am certainly ready for autumn weather, and these soft, baked pumpkin spice donuts have the perfect sweetness and fill your kitchen with a warm, comforting aroma. They are sure to please!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1-3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 3/4 cup of white, granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of light, packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of canola, coconut, or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup of pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling, just purée)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For topping (cinnamon-sugar mixture):
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of white, granulated sugar
Step 2: Prepare & Mix
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease two 6 donut pans (I had to use one twice since this recipe makes 14 donuts).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine white sugar and brown sugar. With an electric mixer, beat in canola oil, eggs, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract.
Step 3: Beat
4. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, and beat until well combined.
Step 4: Fill & Bake
5. Pipe donut batter into donut pans, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Step 5: Toppings
6. While donuts are baking, mix cinnamon and sugar well. After you take donuts out of oven, and while they are sill warm, dip them in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on wire cooling rack. Enjoy! Happy Autumn!
First Prize in the