Easy recipe with mouth watering results is my motto. With homemade phyllo dough i am doing baklava fingers recipe. You can use pistachios, cashews, walnuts or whatever you want in this baklava. If you prefer spices, then put it. Instead of butter you can also use ghee.
Instead of doing traditional baklava squares, this method is a lot easier to make. Also you don't need the big baking utensils, small baking tray is enough for this recipe.
Ingredients Used: (Cup - 250ml)
Baklava finger Filling
- 3 phyllo sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of mixed unsalted nuts & chocolate chips, chopped or grinded
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp Orange juice
Step 1: Baklava Finger Fillings
First we have to prepare the filling and kept it handy. Melt the butter and chop the nuts.
- I am using chocolate glazed almonds, walnuts and peanuts which i made previously.
- Make filling to your own taste.
- From homemade phyllo dough i made 15 inch phyllo sheets.
- I got crunchy baklava even though the phyllo sheets are thick comparing to store bought.
- Spread the phyllo sheets and brush butter between the layers.
- Don't need to worry if edges are uneven.
- You can spread nuts all over the sheets or Spread half of the nuts on edge of the sheets.
Step 2: Bake the Rolled Baklava
- Roll from the end to the half way and cut the rolled baklava.
- Cut it into 4-5 pieces and place in the baking tray.
- Do the same to other half of the phyllo sheets.
- Brush some butter over the rolled baklava fingers.
- Bake at 175 degree C (350 degree F) for 45- 50 minutes.
- It will be golden brown and crispy.
Step 3: Enjoy Baklava Fingers.....
- While it is baking, bring the water, sugar and orange juice to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes over medium heat, then remove from stove.
- Since the filling has chocolate, i am using less quantity of sugar. Adjust sweetness according to taste.
- Once baklava fingers is cooked and cooled down to warm temperature, it is ready for sugar bath.
- Put it in the sugar syrup or spoon the warm syrup mixture over the top of baklava rolls.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Wait 1-3 hours before eating to ensure the syrup is absorbed.
(I know the waiting time is very hard with the delicious baklava in front of you).
Yummy baklava fingers is ready. Baklava is best served cold. Enjoy....