Introduction: Bakllava/ Albanian Speciality
This is a simple recipe of an albanian scpiality called Bakllava.
250 gr melted butter
1 kg flake pastry
300 gr walnuts
( 40 gr cinnamon, if you like it )
1 Kg sugar
500 mL water
1. Mix walnuts ( with cinnamon)
2. Prepare the puff pastry, spread the butter between each sheet
3. Put the 6 first sheets on th baking dish ( keep 6 other sheets aside to put them on the top, in the end of the process)
4. Pour one third of the mixture of walnuts ( and cnnamon ) on top
5. Cover it with two sheets
- Pour the mixture again
- Repeat the process
- Put 6 final sheets
7. Cut it in squares
8. Bake it at 180 °C (350 °F) for 20 minutes
Prepare the syrup :
1. Boil the sugar with the water for ten minutes
2. Add the lemon juce
Take it out of the oven, pour the syrup over it and let stand 6 hours.
For the dressing you can put on the top of each square, some mixed pistachio nut
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.