Please read all the way through the instructions before building to be sure you are capable of finishing it.
This instructable was based on pictures from United Nuclear check it out http://www.unitednuclear.com/ballmill.htm
The finished product should look similar to this
Step 1: Materials needed
1. A motor -- I got one from a old dryer that is rated for around 1600 rpm which is good for this
2. 2"x4" -- Amount will vary with the size of the mill.
3. Pulleys(4) and Belts(2) -- Size will also vary. I was able to salvage mine from a old washer.
4. Ball Bearings(4) -- You may be able to get some from old junk or buy the cheaply.
5. Switch(1) -- Get a standard light switch.
6. Wire nuts and electrical tape -- Hardware store.
7. A rotatable wheel (optional but recommended) -- Like on the bottom of filing cabinets.
8. A container -- Size will vary.
9. Two poles -- For shafts make sure to get them to fit inside of your ball bearings.
It may seem like a daunting list of items but they are fairly inexpensive and you can salvage most of them or you may even have them laying around your house.