What you need for 1400ml of ballistic gel:
- Gelatine (in this case sheets, you could also use powder)
- 1300ml water
- Measuring cup
If you want to make more or less, this is the ratio:
1 sheet for 15ml of water.
2 grams of powder for 15 ml of water.
Step 1: Making the Ballistics Gel
1. First measure out 1300ml of hot water (not boiling)
2. Now put the water in the saucepan
3. Put the saucepan on the stove on a very low heat/fire
4. Start adding gelatine sheets, one by one, while stirring gently.
DON’T LET THE WATER BOIL!
5. This proces will take a bit of time, after a while all gelatine sheets will be dissolved.
6. Now put the mixture into the mold.
7. The mold goes in the refrigerator (2 degrees Celcius, 35,6F)
8. After 1,5-2,5 hours the ballistics gel will be solid but for the best consistency wait at least 5 hours.
Step 2: Extra Tips
Are you getting bubbles on the surface?
Let the gelatine harden in the refrigerator and reheat it in the saucepan.
After use the gelatine is cluttered with pieces.
Reheat in the saucepan and use a filter when pouring it in the mold.