Introduction: Ballistic Pen (or Knife, Would Work Also)
VERYsimple to make, would work for a ballistic knife as well !
Step 1: Tools and Material
- Dremel tool
- Sharp knife
- cutting wheel
- 2mm drill bit
- Wooden rod or pencil (outer diameter = inner diameter of your pen body -1mm)
- M2 nut
- M2 screw
- Ball pen (one of the wider pens will work best)
- Spring (strong = better but not too strong, the body is just weak plastic!)
- Small screws (for the dart tip)
Step 2: THE STEPS
1. Take out the guts, you only need body and tip
2. Cut a 1 inch slit into the upper part of your pen-body, length depends on length of your spring
3. Drillmill a catch as shown in the video, and the lower end
4. Clean the edges with your knife
5. Cut off a 10-15mm long piece of the wooden rod, and drill a 2mm hole through the middle
6. Widen the other side of the drilled hole with a 5mm drillbit, to make the nut fit in.
7. Another hole, not all the way through, in its face...to hold the dart in place
8. Remove the ends of your Q-tip and clean it (there could be glue on the body)
9. Cut off the heads of your wood-screws (of metal-screws), and glue the threaded part into the Q-tip body
10. Reassembly as shown in the video, spring first, wooden nuppsi, screw right through (not too far!)
11. Screw the pen-tip back on, push back the screw, insert dart, and voila, done !
Step 3: Instructional Video
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.