- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup banana bread beer*
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Nutella
Scoochmaroo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Line 12 muffin cups with papers.
- Whisk or sift together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes
- Turn down mixer speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of the flour, then milk, then 1/3 flour, then beer, then 1/3 flour, then bananas and chocolate chips, mixing well after each addition.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake 20-30 minutes until done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in tins for 5 minutes, then continue to cool on baking rack.
- In a large mixing bowl. beat cream cheese, butter, and Nutella until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix on high until well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the cupcakes are cool enough, frost with a knife of piping bag fitted with decorative tip.
- Add a dried banana slice or hazelnut to the frosting for extra flair.