Learned from my mum this is one of the first cakes I ever baked!
Step 1: Ingredients
For the Cake:
- 250g (8oz) cooking margarine or softened butter
- 350g (12oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 500g (8oz) Self-Raising flour
- 4 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 200g of Chocolate
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- Lemon Curd
(this makes 2 cakes)
Step 2: Cake
1) Cream together the butter and the sugar in a large bowl
2) Beat in the eggs and then the mashed bananas
3) Sift the flour over the mixture and stir
Or in a food processor:
Add all the ingredients and mix for a few minutes. It's that simple!
Divide the mixture into two greased tins.
Bake until golden on the top and springy, about 45 minutes for deep tins or 25 minutes in shallow ones.
Step 3: Decorating
2) Sandwich the two halves together with lemon curd
3) Melt the chocolate in a microwave for a minute then stir. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until smooth.
4) Spread the chocolate on top of the cake
5) Finish with strawberrys halves