Introduction: Banana Pecan Smoothie
About five years ago one of my family members was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. The doctor had mentioned that he should not drink milk. This includes ice cream and many other milk products. The recent contest "Raw Food recipes" inspired me to come up with a solution. A diabetic can eat bananas, however the doctor recommended green bananas. We have a pecan tree in our yard and have plenty of pecans. This recipe is a Banana Pecan Smoothie.
Step 1: Recipe
- 1 green banana.
- 1 Cup raw pecan milk, or raw almond milk.
- Sweeten according to taste ( using Agave Nectar.)
- Several ice cubes from filtered water.
- 2 Pecan halves.
If you wish to make your own pecan milk here is my link to that page: https://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Raw-Pecan-Milk/
Step 2: Utensils
- Spoon optional
Step 3: Blend Ingredients
- 1 cup raw Pecan milk.
- Break up one banana and drop it in the blender.
- Add to taste: Agave Nectar.
- Blend well.
Step 4: Serve
- Pour Smoothie into a wine glass or regular drinking glass.
- Garnish with pecan halves.
- Serve chilled with a straw.
Step 5: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
This was the first time that I have served this beverage and it was a big hit. We will be drinking a lot of these and my family member won't feel like he is missing out on the things he used to love.
Thank you for stopping by and do have a wonderful fall day!