Introducing: Bananaphone: A Touch Capacitance Synth
- Your favorite Propeller board. (I used a Quickstart board w/Terminal Module)
- A couple packs of alligator jumper wires. (Radio Shack)
- Nine Bananas (8 notes & 1 to snack on)
- A 220ohm resistor (Radio Shack)
- An amplified speaker w/connector
- The spin source archive
I used a Gadget Gangster QuickTerminal to make my connections to the Propeller Quickstart, but you could just as easily plug jumper wires into the Quickstart's P0-P7 I/O.
You'll also need to hook a 220ohm resistor to P11. This will become our audio out connection to the amplified speaker. Connect one side of the speaker to the 220ohm resistor, the other side to Ground. Using a single resistor as an audio output will be a little noisy, but will work fine for the purposes of this project.
Here is the recommended audio circuit if you want to reduce the noise and put this project into long term use: