Introduction: Bananas Foster Rolls
A bite-sized version of a classic desert with bananas, butter, sugar, and rum - what could be better?
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons rum
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
- small dish of water
- Heavy-bottomed pot for frying
- Paper towels or brown paper for draining
- Slotted spoon or kitchen tongs
- Small frying pan
Step 2: Making Filling
- Heat oil in large pot
- Add butter and brown sugar to a small pan
- Add bananas and mash gently
- Add rum, vanilla, and cinnamon and cook for a few moments
- Allow to cool
Step 3: Wrap and Fry
- Add approximately a tablespoon of cooled filling to the center of the wonton wrapper
- Fold the bottom up to cover the filling
- Fold the sides in
- Using your fingertip, add a small amount of water along the top edge of the wrapper
- Fold the top down and place seam-side down until ready to fry
- Place the banana-filled wontons in the oil and fry until golden brown
- Remove and place on brown paper or paper towels to allow excess oil to drain off
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.