My daughters wanted to join girl scouts but, with very limited options where we live, I decided to do something similar. So, four years ago we started collecting badges and pins when we went to new places. I also set up activities for my daughters to earn badges when learning or doing something new. Yesterday, I was discussing new badges to earn and my youngest daughter, Gina, noted how small her badge holder was and that eventually she would have to make a new one......Project Time! Let's make a banner!
Step 1: Pinning
2. Pin both sides about half inch.
3. Fold down the top two inches and pin.
Step 2: Sew & Glue
5. Set out the badges and pins while the glue gun heats up.
6. Glue each patch down. *You can also use fabric glue.
* Family Fun was earned during a family game night.
*They also added pins they had traded in Disneyworld.
Step 3: Bead & Hang
7. used twine and added a little loop to hang it
8. Cut 1/2 inch (fringe) slits across the bottom of the banner and add beads. (Also, a great math Measurement/pattern lesson)
9. Hang and enjoy!
My girls can't wait to add to their new banners!
* This badge system is such a great addition to any homeschooling program or as a Summer activity!