Now that spring has sprung, however, we started looking at porch furniture and found that bar height adirondack style chairs, even online, were really expensive.
So while I was gone one weekend, my husband made a prototype...and this past weekend we cut and sanded everything we could scrounge up to make the parts for 5 more chairs, including cutting up 4 x 6 and 6 x 6 chunks of unused beams for boards.
If your time is worth anything, than it could be a loser for you. Truth is it was a fun way to spend a weekend. When they're finished they'll get a dark coat of Cabot's Cordovan Brown stain. And then it's party time!
Unfortunately I dropped my camera out of the pouch pocket of my very dirty sweatshirt, so the one assembled photo is from my crappy phone camera. Note that on the last pic, you can see the new arm style we're going change out on the prototype and use for the rest of the chairs.