Barley Upma is a perfect healthy and a quick breakfast recipe. This premium Japanese barley has super taste and is enriched with loads of benefits. Barley is full of fibers, helps lowers cholesterol, helps loose weight, assists digestive health, promotes healthy blood sugar levels, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases..so forth and so on.
OoMugi Barley - 1 cup
Chopped Onions, capsicum, beans, carrot - 1/2 cup each
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
White Split Urad dal - 1 tbsp
Salt - As per taste
Curry leaves - For garnishing
Step 1: Method
1. Soak barley grains in 1-2 cups of water for 1-2 hours. Pressure cook till 2 whistles.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil, splutter mustard seeds, roast split urad dal till it turns brown.
3. Saute onions along with all vegetables. Add salt as per the taste and cook for 5 min.
4. Add cooked barley grains and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-6 mins.
5. Lastly squeeze lemon juice and serve hot. Garnish with curry leaves. Enjoy a healthy breakfast!!!