This basic cream cheese frosting recipe is very adaptable. You can easily double it for big cakes, though this will make more than enough for a batch of cupcakes or several batches of pumpkin cookies. You can also add in any number of other delicious flavors. It goes great with crushed mints, or lemon! Frosting Ingredients:
* 8 oz. block of cream cheese
* 1/4 cup butter (4 Tbsp)
* 2 cup powdered sugar
* 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract Flavor Options:
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 2 tsp peppermint extract OR
* 1 Tbsp finely crushed peppermint candies
* 2 TBSP lemon juice OR
* 2 tsp lemon zest
1. Let the butter and cream cheese soften at room temperature.
together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Add in any optional flavors now.
3. Gradually add in the powdered sugar 1/4 cup at at time, until fully blended and smooth. There you have it, a basic delicious and easy to adapt cream cheese recipe! Perfect for Fall!