In this instructable I'm building a cube frame which can be adapted to many uses.
“Submitted by DIN 2012, Université de Montréal, industrial design program, for the Instructables Sponsorship Program”
Step 1: Materials & Skills
+ rope / thread (depends on the look/solidity you need)
+ 12 x poles / sticks / rods / ...
Skills, forgotten fundamentals:
+ knotting techniques
Step 2: Knots to Know
- Constrictor knot
- Square lashing
- Square / Reef knot
Step 3: Assemble
- Start with the constrictor knot on the first stick
- Place the second stick on the first one at a right angle
- Bind the two sticks with the square lashing
- Add the third stick for the third axis
- Continue the square lashing
- Finish with the square knot
- Repeat on all the corners
Step 4: Finishing
This technique is easily adaptable at large scales to build shelters or even forest furniture.
You're cube is now ready to be used for something creative!
Mine serves now as a picnic platform for my little parrot.