All Materials and Instructions from DIYFootwear.com
- Box cutter
- Paper & Pen
- 120 Grit Sand Paper
- 4mm Diameter Hole punch
- Lighter or Match
- Rubber Sole Material (Vibram Newflex used)
- 12ft Nylon Paracord, 6ft for Each foot
Non DIY Options:
Ready To Wear Running Sandals - Bedrock Sandals
Step 1: Tracing Feet on Paper
(Tip) Try not to bump into your ankles.
2. Mark just in front of where your ankle bone for side hole placement on your sandal.
3. Mark the beginning of the gap between your big toe and second toe (holding pencil perpendicular to paper). This mark will be where you make the thong strap hole.
Step 2: Determining Sandal Shape
Tips for creating a good sandal shape from your foot tracing:
- Have buffer area in front of your toes.
- Cut out and exclude some of the arch area where you do need extra material.
- Exclude foot features that do not actually touch the ground (e.g. bunions).
- Keep sandal heel wide enough for side holes and straps