During power blackouts, we become easier targets for burglary among other crimes of opportunity. Sometimes, getting ourselves out of our comfort zones produces a mild state of panic where we fail to focus on priorities like installing DSC Alarm Systems for security and protection. Here is a guide on what we should immediately check during blackouts.
• A can opener
• A whistle
• Flashlight and batteries
• Portable radio
• At least 1 gallon of water per person a day
• Non-perishable food such as canned goods and granola bars
• An extra set of clothes and durable shoe wear
• Items to help pass the time, such as a deck of cards or a board game
• A first aid kit that includes prescription drugs as needed
• Supplies such as duct tape and plastic so you can build a “shelter in place” if necessary. You can make smaller versions of this kit for your car or office and stock it with practical items for either setting.