When we moved into our house in 2006, we had a lot of changes that we wanted to make. Windows, carpet, painting, etc. One adjustment that has been on hold for a while it to replace the linoleum in our master bathroom. It was worn and had a few marks in it that looked like a hot tire had been placed on it. Also, when I walked on the floor, I got the feeling that there was a little give. Like it wasn’t quite stuck down. In 2012, I finally decided that I was up to the challenge of changing the floor. My wife picked out a pattern and ordered a 12’ x 8’ piece. I've only attached pictures of the new flooring, I don't have a record of what it looked like before.
For reference, I used the following calculator
to find out what it would cost to have a professional install this linoleum. I was surprised that the estimate was ~$6,000. for the job. Certainly I can do better than that! The estimate they provided for the linoleum material cost was very close to exactly what we paid for the replacement piece.
I decided to take off a week of work to do the project. I was hoping that I could do the job in 3 days and then have plenty of time to pursue other things. Little did I know what was lurking under that flooring…