Could you use one of these on Halloween night?
This would also make a great magnet or make the design smaller for a pair of earrings, but this is simple and fun and can be done in a ½ hour.
I used 22 gauge non tarnish silver or non tarnish brass wire to make the dangles on the bottom and some other beads I had made. You can make your hooks out of the same wire by cutting 2" of wire, folding over a 2mm bamboo skewer,the twisting the bottom ends together to form a twisted end. Cut off at about 1/2" for the leg. Push the leg up into the bat and then press down the clay around it.
My husband has the Artistic wire in his store www.ClayFactory.net/artisticwire
The glitter beads can be made from the instructions here Glitter Beads
You will need:
Links will take you to the page at http://www.clayfactory.net/ where the products are.
Round cutter set- Makin’s Clay M36001
Clay Blade - SB
Craft Knife- SCP
3/16” teardrop cutter- APC5T
7/16” round cutter- APC2R
Large and small ball stylus- DBSL
3 hooks with leg- instructions for making out of wire above
1 chain set (Link finally added, YAY!!!)
5. With the 7/16” round cutter cut out 3 halves of the circle in each half of the big circle.
10. Place one over the mouth a little to the right of center.
11. Place another over the mouth on the left of the other.
Sometimes if the red clay sticks in the cutter you can place the cutter squarely and flush on to the clay you want it on and pull the cutter back very fast and get the piece to stick to the clay you are putting it on, this doesn’t always work and takes a little practice.
Otherwise push out the shape and turn it over so you will not see the indent from the plunger. Then place where you want it to go.
13. Drop in to the bottom of the hole for the mouth.
16. Roll all of the pieces in to balls.
17. Roll two of the balls in to little teardrops.
18. Roll one of the balls in to a little coil that is about ¼” long.
20. Mark each ear by pressing the large ball stylus in to the teardrop at the bottom of it close to the head.
This will also help attach the ears to the head.
23. Cut that in half and roll both halves into very small balls.
26. Insert the hooks with legs in to the wings and at the bottom of the body or leave them off if this is going to be used for something else. Refer to the first picture in the intro for placement.
27. Bake in a 275 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes
28. Shut off oven.
29. Let cool.
30. Add chain and dangles
31. Go Batty!!