A home-made knock-off of a cologne/after-shave that can cost big bucks in department stores. (Note:This is steeped instead of distilled, so it will take 30 days to make.)
Step 1: What You Need
TO START WITH:
- A very clean large glass jar (NOT PLASTIC!) with an air-tight lid (A Mason jar is perfect for this).
- Lots of dried bay leaves (from the local supermarket or health food store).
- Dark rum (from the liquor store. The cheap stuff will do very nicely, thank you).
- Time (You'll be steeping the leaves in the rum, so it will take 30 days to complete).
AFTER YOU'RE DONE:
- Another glass container (such as a large, clean jar)
- Small glass bottles (To store the finished product).
- A strainer and a funnel.