I really like making friendship bracelets every year...for this year I've planned to make these beaded bracelets..
Once you have mastered the technique, they are pretty easy and you can make lots of variations..!!
i hope you like this tutorial. :)
Step 1: Materials You Need
- Glass seed beads (small size)
- Thread (same color as that of beads)
- Beading needle
- Thick Cotton cord (any color)
- Inch scale
- Fancy button
- a pair of scissors
Step 2: Make the Base of Bracelet
- Measure a bracelet that you already own.
- Add 6 inches to 4 times the length of your bracelet.
my bracelet is 8.5 inches so :
(8.5 x 4) + 6 = 40 inches
3. add button to cord.
4. tie the ends together with double knot.
5. knot opposite ends as shown in picture
6. to secure the button,create the same knot on the other end.
7. trim the excess cord from the first knot (step 4)
Step 3: String the Beads
- Thread the needle.keep the thread attached to the spool.
- Add beads.you will need lots of beads to wrap the cord completely(approximately 3 times the length of base)
Step 4: Wrap the Bracelet
- secure the thread in one end of the bracelet.
- make 3 to 4 knots for extra security.
- start wrapping from one end to other as shown in picture
- when you reach the other end,thread the needle again and secure the beads in the same way.