This project took me approximately 6 hours over 4 days. I would have liked to finish it sooner. However, other tasks and work took up some time.
For this project you will need: *The quantity is noted within the ( ).
- (8) 48" - 2" X 4"
- (4) (or 6 if you're adding Beer Bottle holders, not pictured but explained) 21" - 2" X 4"
- (4) 10" *Cut at a 15 Degree angle - 2" X 4"
- (2) 1/2" Sanded Plywood - 2' X 4' sections.
- (1) Box 2 1/2" of all purpose Construction grade screws.
- (1) Quart of Stain/Poly mix. I used a "Natural Cherry" Stain & Polyurethane mix. [You can also use paint.]
- (1) Natural hair brush, size is based on your preference. I used a 2 1/2' Natural Chinese horse hair brush.
** Sandpaper- I started off with 80 grit and worked all the way up until 320 grit. You don't have to work in that many grades, but I wanted the the finished project to be smooth and the stain to dry evenly.
The below pictures are rough schematics I drew up, and the pictures of the lumber I used. The finished project is also pictured, resting on 2" X 6" to dry in the Chicago sun.
All sizing is based on the American Cornhole Associations standards of play. I am not associated with the ACA in any way and do not take credit for their dimensions and/or imply any affiliation through this project.