Introduction: Beanbags From an Umbrella Cover
Make these cool beanbags in less than 15 minutes!
(This project is part of my Girl Scout Gold Award focused on upcycling and recycling broken umbrellas. See other ideas here: https://sites.google.com/site/upcycledumbrellas/projects)
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- 1 umbrella cover (beach or patio size)
- beans or rice
- sewing machine or needle/thread
Step 2: Fill the Closed End With Enough Beans for One Bean Bag
- Starting at the closed end, pour in enough beans for one bag.
- This will be your first bean bag! Stitch closed and reinforce several times.
- Leave a small gap (about half an inch) and put an identical row of stitching. This is the beginning of the next bean bag.
Step 3: Cut Carefully Between the Two Rows of Stitching
That's it! Repeat the process until you run out of fabric.
Step 4: Enjoy!
We made 8 bean bags from one umbrella cover.
For more umbrella upcycling ideas, visit https://sites.google.com/site/upcycledumbrellas/
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.