- a big bowl (diameter approx. 35 cm / 14 inches) full of bear's garlic leafs
- 500 ml / approx. 2.5 cups of olive oil
- 0.5 kg / approx. 1 pound of grated parmesan cheese
- approx. 30 Almonds
Step 1: Pluck enough bear's garlic
- bear's garlic bread with bacon
- bear's garlic mashed potatoes
- bear's garlic risotto
Step 2: Mixing in steps
Step 3: Almonds, salt and finishing up
When you filled the jars, make sure you cover the pesto with a lot of olive oil, that way you prevent the pesto from oxidation with the surrounding air. Close the jars, make nice name tags and bring it for your next house warming party! You can eat the pesto with spaghetti or any other type of pasta. I also like to put it into a nice tomato mozarella sandwich or just as a spread onto little toast breads as appetizers...
WARNING: The pesto leaves a very strong garlic taste in your mouth, so if you plan to have an important meeting the next day, postpone your bear's garlic spaghetti.