This project combines the simplicity of a LED throwie (minus the magnet), some glycerine soap and some hot glue.
To make the heart unique I used a flashing LED. You can customise your soap by adding a fragrance - for this I used strawberry fragrance oil but if you've got cool love why not try tea tree and peppermint?
It flashes quite fast but you can fob your dearly beloved by saying 'my heart always beats faster when I'm around you'. I'm sure it'll get her in a lather!
Step 1: Your equipment
- Pyrex jug/dish though any small based container will do (less surface area less wastage of glycerine)
- Plastic mould/mold (ebay)
- fragrance oil (health food shops/ebay - check it is for cosmetic use)
- glue gun & sticks preferably clear
- 10mm flashing LED - I chose red, though initially when making a non-heart soap I used a multicoloured one!) - you could use smaller
- 2032 battery
- glycerine melt and pour soap - clear can be used (as in this tutorial) but other styles such as opaque would work better
The only addition I added was a fork, sellotape (clear sticky tape) and plastic bag (not shown).
This is my first instructable, so be kind!
Step 2: Customising the LED
BTW Customising is spelt with an s in England! (Though my spelling is usually very attrocious this isn't something I'm compromising on. Similar issues to colour)