Step 1: Things You Will Need
- An empty plastic drink bottle. (The kind of bottle with the five humps on the bottom. Floating wick holder things made from small drinking water bottles without the humps on the bottom tend to tip, lose their air bubble and sink.)
- A craft knife or other small sharp knife.
- A glass or other suitable container (Don't use a jar or other container with curved top that would allow flame from wick to come into contact with the glass.)
- Food color.
- Short, 3/4 inch (18mm), wicks. (These can be purchased, made from cotton yarn, or removed from tea candles.)
- Cooking oil. (Olive oil burns cleanly and relatively odorlessly. DO NOT USE ANY PETROLEUM BASED PRODUCT!)
- Some water.