Introduction: Beautiful, Unique Alcohol Ink Pendants
Many years ago, I fell in love with creating jewelry from bottle caps. In more recent times, I fell in love with alcohol inks and started experimenting with ways to combine the two. After trying a few different things, I found that putting the inks onto scrunched up tinfoil (maybe called aluminum foil in other countries) creates a very beautiful effect and last year, I made this video. I hope you enjoy playing with tinfoil as much as I do!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- Alcohol inks in at least three different colors.
- Alcohol ink blending solution ( I believe places like the USA use rubbing alcohol).
- An adhesive that dries crystal clear - I use Judikins Diamond Glaze
- A medium size split ring (I used a 19mm ring)
- 1 inch bottle cap ( I used black)
- Something to punch a tiny hole in the edge of the bottle cap ( I used a 1.8mm hole punch)
And the following items which are not pictured here
- 1 inch Glass Dome Cabochon
- Tin foil (aluminum foil)
- A curb chain to match your bottle cap (I used black)
- Some tacky glue
- A 1 inch round hole punch
- A brayer
- Scissors to cut the foil
Step 2: Watch the Video
Now all you need to do is watch the video right through and once you are familiar with the technique - let loose with the inks and make some beautiful pendants of your own.
Please ask if there is anything that is not clear to you.
And thanks for watching.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.