Introduction: Beautiful, Unique Alcohol Ink Pendants
Many years ago, I fell in love with creating jewelry from bottle caps. In more recent times, I fell in love with alcohol inks and started experimenting with ways to combine the two. After trying a few different things, I found that putting the inks onto scrunched up tinfoil (maybe called aluminum foil in other countries) creates a very beautiful effect and last year, I made this video. I hope you enjoy playing with tinfoil as much as I do!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- Alcohol inks in at least three different colors.
- Alcohol ink blending solution ( I believe places like the USA use rubbing alcohol).
- An adhesive that dries crystal clear - I use Judikins Diamond Glaze
- A medium size split ring (I used a 19mm ring)
- 1 inch bottle cap ( I used black)
- Something to punch a tiny hole in the edge of the bottle cap ( I used a 1.8mm hole punch)
And the following items which are not pictured here
- 1 inch Glass Dome Cabochon
- Tin foil (aluminum foil)
- A curb chain to match your bottle cap (I used black)
- Some tacky glue
- A 1 inch round hole punch
- A brayer
- Scissors to cut the foil
Step 2: Watch the Video
Now all you need to do is watch the video right through and once you are familiar with the technique - let loose with the inks and make some beautiful pendants of your own.
Please ask if there is anything that is not clear to you.
And thanks for watching.