Whether you like it sweet, smokey or spicy, this easy technique will have you loving your homemade jerky, and leave your friends begging for more.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) flank steak (or any meat! try turkey or bison!)*
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) preferred seasoning - I used a mesquite blend, but another simple option is garlic or onion powder
- 1 -2 teaspoons (10 - 20 mL) liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) red pepper flakes (opt)
*user jaythedogg recommends cooking any poultry or pork before dehydrating!