Introduction: Beer Battered Bacon Stuffed Jalapenos
Hot & Greasy, Just the way you like it!!
Step 1: Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1/8 Tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tbs cayenne
1 tsp chili pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup beer
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp melted Butter ( i use coconut oil)
4 or 5 large Jalapenos
4 strips diced Bacon ( I use turkey bacon)
1/2 cup Shredded cheese ( I use Havarti, Gouda, & White Cheddar)
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 quarts of oil
Step 2: Making the Batter
1.Mix flour, corn starch, salt, pepper, and all other dry seasonings together in large bowl
2.In another bowl, Mix in eggs, Beer, milk, and melted butter
3.Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients bowl and stir until well blended.
4.Let batter sit for 30 to 45 minutes, while you are preparing everything else.
Step 3: Prepairing the Stuffing Mix
1. Cut the bacon into small bits and cook until browned.
2. Chop 3 cloves of garlic into small chunks.
3. Mix bacon, cream cheese, Shredded cheese, & garlic chunks in a large bowl.
Step 4: Roasting and Stuffing the Jalapenos
1.Cut the tops off of each jalapeno and core out the insides. this can be done easily with a potato
peeler (small knives work OK).
2.Use the stove (or a torch)to roast the peppers. The outside skin will crackle and burn, but don't
worry, this is normal.
3. When all the skin is well cooked, take a knife and scrape off all of the burnt skin.
4. Carefully stuff roasted jalapenos with bacon mixture until they are packed full to the top
Step 5: Battering and Frying Your Peppers
1. Heat oil in pan
2. Place stuffed pepper in batter and coat evenly. Make sure the cheese end is fully covered.
3. Place coated Jalapeno in hot oil and fry until golden brown. You may need to flip them depending
on the amount of oil used.
4. Remove from oil and let cool on paper towels for 5 minutes.
5. Eat them until you feel fat and happy.
Note: Any excess batter can be dropped into the oil in heaping spoonfuls to make crispy bread
nuggets. Or use it to bread up something else as a side dish, like Garlic
Any Excess cheese filling can be used on bagels for a tasty snack