Introduction: Beer Battered Fish Fry With Lettuce and Cherry Tomato Salad
To be honest I have never cooked anything with beer. Infact I never imagined that we could ever cook using beer. I am so glad this contest made me experiment cooking with beer and i must say the output was very tasty and rewarding.
Step 1: Ingredients Required to Prepare the Beer Battered Fish
- Frozen/ fresh Tilapia fillets - 2
- Any light beer - 4 tbsp
- Crushed pepper - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Parsley - 1 tsp chopped fine and few leaves for garnish
- Olive oil for frying the fish - 1 tbsp
Step 2: Preparing Beer Batter for Marinating the Fish
- If using frozen Tilapias, thaw the fish as per instructions in the package and remove the plastic covering and give it a nice wash and dry it well with paper towels
- In a small bowl + chilli powder + garlic powder + salt + crushed pepper + lime juice + beer to make a thick batter + chopped parsley - mix well and the marinate is ready
- Apply the marinate on the fish generously and cover the fish and let it absorb all the spices for 30 minutes to 1 hour
Step 3: Shallow Frying the Fish
- In a large non-stick pan add oil and spread it out well
- Once the oil heats up, place the marinated fish and let it cook for 3-4 minutes each side\
- Garnish with parsley and serve alongside simple salad
- For the simple salad in a small bowl + lettuce + cherry tomato + onion + crushed pepper + ranch dressing - mix well and done
- Hope you like it :)
radiograf made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.