Introduction: Beet Bar - Eggless and Gluten Free
I try my best to make my toddler eat all the vegetables but I have not been so successful with beets. So, I decided to make Beet Bars because she enjoys baked stuff. With an attempt to make this dish as healthy as possible, I decided to eliminate all purpose flour and used rice powder, semolina, cornmeal, milk and yogurt. I was so happy as I was making it because I was using all super healthy ingredients. The output was great. The dish had a great color which encouraged my daughter to eat it. So, all in all, it was a successful event. Hope you try it. Thank you.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 Medium Size Beet
- Rice Powder - 1/2 Cup
- Corn Meal - 2 tbsp
- Semolina - 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Milk - 3/4 Cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 Cup
- Butter - 1/2 Cup
- Almond Extract - 1 tsp
- Cashews and Choco Chips
Step 2: Preparation Step:
- Make Beet Puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Peel the beet and cut it into small pieces.
- Place the pieces in a oven safe greased bowl
- Roast the beet pieces for about 40mins and let it cool.
- Puree the roasted beet in a blender as fine as possible. Use milk to help with the puree process.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix room temperature butter and sugar until its fluffy.
- Mix almond extract and mix well. Keep this wet ingredient mix aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients - rice powder, corn meal, semolina, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together but don't over mix.
- Mix cashews and choco chips as well.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan.
- Bake at 375 degree F for about 32 mins
- Let it cool completely.
- Cut it into pieces and enjoy.
The Beet Bars are ready. Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.