Does it tempts you? :). Lets get started.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 Medium sized firm naval oranges (if you have seedless or Sunkist, that's even better). I had Indian Nagpuri oranges.
- 2 Small beets.
- Some extra virgin olive oil.
- Some fresh basil leaves (You can also use dried ones or mixed herbs like oregano, thyme and basil). I have basil in my kitchen garden :)
- Some powdered black pepper.
- Some salt to add taste.
- Kitchen tools: A sharp knife, kitchen board.
- Some utensil to steam, I used pressure cooker. You can do this as per your convenience.
- A medium sized serving bowl.
Step 2: Preparing the Beets
- Peel off the beets and cut them into slices of same thickness.
- Then cut equal sized cubes.
- Steam them in pressure cooker or whichever way you prefer so that they become soft and can be crushed using a finger.
- Once the beets are steamed, wash them in cold water and try to rinse as much water as you can.
- Put the beats in a glass bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoonful of extra virgin olive oil and mix it well.
- Add some black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add finely chopped basil leaves.
Step 3: Preparing Oranges and Mix With Beets. Its Ready :)
- Peel off oranges, remove seeds if any and cut them in small pieces. I think Sunkist oranges would wwork better as they are firmer than naval oranges.
- Mix the oranges in beets.
- Decorate with basil leaves.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so and serve.
Thank you for reading this iBle.