I am going to walk through how to create a Beheaded Doll Night Light such as the one I made. This was inspired by Bot1398's Instructable "Light Sensing LEDs" and is primarily the foundation for this Instructable with my own added twist.
Step 1: Step 1: Parts, Tools, Supplies - oh my!
- Arduino Uno
- Blue Through-Hole LEDs: $17.60 for 100 [Mouser]
^^^I chose these because I like blue, and these ones are extremely bright which I prefer. Bot1398 goes into more detail if you'd like a different color.
- HEATSHRINK FP301 1/8" WHITE: $2.23 for 5ft [Digi-Key]
- WIRE, 20AWG, STRN, WHITE: $10.95 for 100ft [Jameco]
^^^It doesn't matter what color you get, and if I were to do this again, I would actually use 2 different colors instead of one.
- USB Cable A-B: $5 for 6ft [Big Lots]
- Solder wire [Wal-Mart]
- Plain Solder Board [Not sure where to get it, my teacher gave it to me]
- Super Glue [Wal-Mart]
- Baby Doll Heads [Thrift Stores, Goodwill, or Hobby Lobby]
- Baby Doll Body Parts [Thrift Stores, Goodwill, or Hobby Lobby]
- Round Metal Wall Art: $9.98 on Clearance [Target]
- Natural Jute Brown Twine [Hobby Lobby]
- Huge plastic canvas needle [Hobby Lobby]
^^^ These items are only needed if you find Round Metal Wall Art!
- Lighter to burn baby dolls (OPTIONAL)
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino Software
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Strippers
- Wire cutter