Introduction: Best Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 mins.
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker® Oats (old fashioned)
2 cups raisins
2 cups pecans, toasted
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
* Place the pecans on a sheet pan and bake for 5-10 minutes, until crisp. Set aside to cool. Chop very coarsely.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
* Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats, raisins, and pecans and mix just until combined.
* Using a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 2-inch mounds of dough onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly.
* Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.
Yield: 30-35 cookies