There are so many ways you can customize this basic pumpkin bread recipe to highlight your own personal style, that you'll want to make multiple loaves just to experiment.
Remember, pumpkin bread freezes well, and makes great gifts for the holidays!
Step 1: Ingredients
Roasting pan (for fresh pumpkin)
- 5 oz. pumpkin puree - I used a fresh pumpkin, but you can buy a can* - I won't tell.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dried Cranberries
- Chocolate Chips
* If you buy canned pumpkin, either increase the recipe to make multiple loaves or store the extra pumpkin puree for other yummy recipes!
Scoochmaroo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.