These brownies are so delicious and fudgy! They're almost impossible to set down!! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did! :)
Step 1: Prepare the Brownies.
*The original recipe calls for a box of brownie mix, if you'd like you can do it that way. But, I prefer making my own, so here's a recipe for the very best fudgy brownies!*
- 6 tbsp. salted or unsalted butter, cut into pieces (little more for pan)
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8-in. square pan with 2 pieces of aluminum foil or parchment paper. Let excess extend beyond the edges of the pan. Lightly butter the foil/parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the chocolate and stir by hand until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla until combine. Beat in the eggs by hand, one at a time. Add the flour and stir energetically for 1 minute. (This step is important - you must time yourself for 1 full minute and stir vigorously until the batter loses its graininess, becomes smooth and glossy, and pulls away a bit from the sides of the saucepan.)
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the center feels almost set - about 30 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Let the brownies cool COMPLETELY in the pan before lifting the foil or parchment and the brownies out of the pan.
Step 2: Shape Brownies
- Cut prepared and cooled brownies into coffin shapes, using a 3-in. coffin-shaped cookie cutter. Or, print a template for a coffin (I used this one) and cut out brownies with knife.
Step 3: Decorate!
- Red and White decorator icing
- Pipe on rim of coffins with red decorating icing. Pipe "RIP" using white (or any color) decorating icing.